In today’s L.A.Times, Chris Erskine wrote his ‘Millennial Pledge‘ of all the things about that demographic that annoy him. This is one millennial’s response.
The Baby Boomer Pledge
– My generation were not entitled to screw over society, the economy & the environment for our personal gain.
– I am grateful there were labor laws when I was young to provide me with job security and mean I only needed one income.
– I accept my prejudiced opinions are distasteful in modern society.
– Just once, I will try driving something economical.
– Just once, I will try eating without complaining about another ethnic group.
– I will no longer consider tacos to be “foreign food”.
– I will learn to laugh at things that don’t affect me, not desperately try to regulate them to my liking.
– When meeting someone for the first time, I shall not judge then based on gender, ethnicity or sexuality.
– I will not burn those federal safeguards that protect our economy in order to turn a quick profit.